Saturday, December 27, 2008

Do you want to play a game?

Cari and I have started finding and playing board games over the past few years. I'm not talking about Monopoly or Risk. I'm talking about real board games.

It started with the Settlers of Catan. Next we purchased the card game, San Juan. For Christmas Cari picked up another game. We now have Carcassonne in our collection.

I'm not going to take the space here to teach you the game. If you want to know more here's a link.
The game can be played with up to six people, but works very well for just two. Cari and I played for several hours on Christmas while the kids were playing with their toys. The first few games we figured out how the game plays and started working out strategy. We would help each other out during those first few games. If I started to miss something good, Cari would stop me and point it out.

We're past that now. Now when I miss an opportunity in the game Cari jumps out of her chair after I make my mistake, she points her finger, and shouts, "HA!" It's all about the competition now.

We are on the look out for more players, but haven't found many yet. The last time we had some friends over to play a game things got very competitive and someone (not Cari) said I was the devil. You know you have found some friends with a competitive spirit if they call you the devil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool! Both my nephew and I play quite a bit. He's more into the board games than I am, and searches out the obscure and interesting.

Martin said...

Ooh, ooh!

I love Carcassonne and Catan! I stink at them but I love 'em. I'm kind of the fall guy, the guy that always loses, but I'm okay with that.