Monday, July 12, 2010

New Portrait!

It was 2:30am and I decided it was time to shoot a new self portrait.  I set up the tripod and got right to work knowing that the sun would be coming up soon.  Not that the sun would disrupt my photo session, but that the sun would signal a full night of no sleep.
I snapped away roughly 80 shots using various lighting and poses before deciding I had enough.  After loading them into the computer and making some adjustments it was edging closer to 3:30am.  I had twenty shots that I liked well enough to stop and make a few adjustments to.  Here's a few of those to share with you today:
I decided to share one last goofy shot with you today.  In this last shot you can see two things used during the shoot.  The remote in my hand is a remote for the shutter.  The black piece of tape was a reference point.  When I aimed the camera at a plain blue wall it was hard to get the framing the way I wanted.  The tape helped me adjust the camera and reminded me where to sit.  In most of the shots I was sitting directly in front of the tape.  In this one I was standing on my chair and folding myself into a pretzel.
Overall, I am pleased with the results for a self portrait.  I'm not convinced that doing this at 2:30am is ideal.

No comments: