Thursday, May 05, 2011

A 3rd New Phone

It's time for my phone upgrade and I had some choices to make.  I've been extremely happy with my Motorola Droid over the past 18 months. As newer and newer technology was released, nothing came out that made me really jealous.  My Droid could do anything they could do.  Still, it was time to step up from my first smart phone.  In addition, Cari was wanting to try out a smart phone for the first time and was willing to take over my Droid.

To make the move, I was willing to wait until summer when a new line of phones would be announced, but Cari didn't really want to wait that long.  I had to choose a phone that was out now.  I decided that I wanted the Incredible 2.

I drove over to Verizon two days before the Incredible 2 was to come out - don't ask why I did that.  It's a really long story to tell it that way.  While at Verizon I decided to pick up the Droid Thunderbolt 4G.  During the first day of using it I noticed a few things.  It's a nice phone.  It's quick. It's bulky. It's heavy. It sucks down a battery like Charlie Sheen sucks down cocaine.  Did I mention it's heavy?

For me, the Thunderbolt was a size too big to use comfortably.  Three days later I returned it and picked up the newly released Incredible 2.  Having owned that for three days as of writing this I can tell you that the Incredible 2 is incredible.

The technology inside the phone is essentially the same as the Thunderbolt without 4G.  It also really isn't that Incredible if you have a phone like the original Incredible.  BUT I came from the Original Droid and this is a nice step up.

So, using my third phone in a week turned out to be a winner.  I now have no doubt that I have a terrific device and I will be happy to carry it for the next few years.

One more thing about my phone experience this week.  Google.  Wow!  Google has this set up right.
Each time I went to Verizon and purchased a phone, I logged in with my account and the phone instantly downloaded all the apps I've already paid for, my contacts, and even my background wallpaper.  After about thirty minutes, my phone was loaded with my data and I was up and running.  This was all automatic and SO easy.

I feel confident that this phone will keep me satisfied and hold my jealousy of your new smart phone at bay for at least another 18 months.

No comments: