Thursday, December 06, 2012

The Perfect Show

I started a new habit over the past few months.  On Friday and Saturday nights I stay up WAY too late scrolling through the free HBO channels that DirecTV is giving us to stay with them.

One result in this late night movie watching is my discovery of the Game of Thrones series.  I've heard of it, but had never watched an episode before.  I understood that there were a lot of characters and that it could be hard to follow.

The medieval scenes caught my attention as I scrolled channels and I watched an episode.  I had no clue what was happening but it was still interesting.

The following week I caught two more episodes and started to understand what was happening (until some girl showed up with baby dragons).

After watching my fourth and fifth episodes I determined The Game of Thrones to be the perfect show on television.  It has all the elements that are required for that title.


  • - Interesting setting.  The medieval setting scores points here.
  • - sex / nudity.  Sex sells.  Right?  I think there is nudity in every episode of GoT.  
  • - violence.  It's the medieval setting.  Sword fights and battles galore. 
  • - complex story line.  There's a lot going on and after a few episodes you'll start to see the complexity of the characters.  


The next season of Game of Thrones will start in March.  That's around the same time that I'll be cancelling DirecTV.

Maybe by then you'll be able to buy a HBO subscription directly through HBO and watch their programming on line.

No comments: