Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Lunch time

Today I took a lunch break, something that I have frequently missed recently, and made an opportunity to do some exploring.  During the drive I came across a large cemetery.  There were several statues and monuments around the grounds as I drove through the meandering road.  There was one statue that caught my attention. 

I parked and walked up to the plaque in front of the monument.  The statue is very detailed and there are people entombed inside.  I imagine that those buried inside paid for this monument but there was no inscriptions to indicate this.  

There is a block sitting in front of the statue and the block is engraved with a lot of text that I didn't photograph.  It talked about the meaning of life and explained all parts of the statue.  Here's a summery of what I remember it saying:

Each person in this statue represents a different perspective on people thinking about the meaning of life.  There are young, old, doctors, philosophers, monks, families, couples, etc... in the end none of them understand the meaning of life. The only one to understand the meaning of life is Christ Jesus who is the beginning and the end. 


No comments: