Saturday, January 31, 2015

Illegal driving

Apparently I've been driving illegally for the past month.  While having lunch with Cari last week I noticed her driver's license.  I asked her why hers looked different than mine and she said that her old one had expired and she went to get a new one.  

Then she looked at me and said that mine was probably expired as well.   I pulled out my wallet, and sure enough, my license had expired in December.

After lunch I looked to see what I would need when I renew my license.  The website said I would need proof of insurance.  Back in the car I looked in the glove box.  No valid insurance card. . ..  I checked my wallet.   No valid insurance card. . .

At this point I didn't really even want to drive home.

Thankfully, Cari takes good care of me and came to my rescue.  She emailed me a copy of my insurance card and I drove over to the DMV after work.  Amazingly I had about a two minute wait before getting help and I was legal within ten minutes.

Now I can start driving like a maniac again.

No comments: