Friday, November 05, 2004

Everything is not equal in this house.

Cari came home from Walmart yesterday. No news there. This time was different. She came into the room and proclaimed, "I got some new shampoo."
I was not excited. I replied, "ok."
"You can use this one!" She told me gleefully. She seemed proud of herself for purchasing some shampoo that I can use.

You'll need some background to fully appreciate this story.

Look into our shower and you'll see multiple bottles of shampoo. Some I would estimate to cost around twenty dollars a bottle. Those are off limits to me. Then there's the clear bottle holding a brown syrup from the dollar store. Yeah, that's mine. I tried to use the twenty dollar bottle one time. Stress the "one time". My brown syrup was empty, I wanted clean hair, I used hers. Well, I was immediately busted as I entered the bedroom. I think it was the smell of clean hair that gave it away. Cari made a trip to the dollar store within the hour.

So I have just been told that new shampoo was purchased. One that I can use. I looked up to see a very nice looking bottle of Dove shampoo (and matching conditioner). It was explained to me that this was a very nice "mid grade" bottle of shampoo that we would both be using now.
Oh, what have I done to increase my status to such a level? My hair suddenly is good enough to use the very shampoo that she does? I suspected a trick. Maybe there will be a chore attached to this reward.
"You got some shampoo that we are both going to use?" I very cautiously asked.
"Yeah. Why so surprised?" She replied as if this was an everyday thing.
I decided not to push the issue any further.
My hair smells much cleaner now days. I feel like I just got promoted.

No comments: