Sunday, December 27, 2009

Return to Virginia Hawkins

Here's a short video of our hike to see Virginia Hawkins Falls.  This is the same place that Cari and I had hiked back on December 15.  We liked the hike so much we decided to take the kids and Amanda to see it.  We offered the kids some hiking poles to help keep them entertained on the hike and this trail also offers some entertainment in the form of several small streams to cross.  This was a success because I don't remember hearing any complaining as we made our way to the falls.  In fact, we were singing Christmas carols on the way.



The last shot of the video is my shoes in the middle of the creek.  I had taken them off to get some photos from the opposite bank.  The water was absolutely freezing.  I tried to stand in the middle of the creek for a photograph, but my feet started to hurt it was so cold, so I kept moving.

Oh, and by the way, there was no singing on the way back to the car.  Everyone started to get a bit tired and yeah, there was a minor amount of complaining on the way out.

No comments: