Monday, November 29, 2010

It's FALL!

The trees have dropped their leaves!
 Cari raked our leaves into a hugely enormous pile to which we quickly jumped into.  As I sat there swimming in the mountain of crunchy leaves I started to think about the bug paradise that survived in such a pile on a cold day. Playing in a pile of icky bugs didn't seem like as much fun.  The bugs playing on me was even less fun.  I didn't actually see any bugs, but I knew they were there.  Sometimes it's a case of knowing too much.

Brenna, on the other hand, doesn't know too much.  She LOVED the leaves.  Run, jump, throw, repeat.
The pile was great entertainment for three days.  On the forth day the pile changed.  A small amount of rain during the night transformed the pile from a crunchy bed of leaves to a mushy bug-breeding resort in my yard.
Now nobody is allowed to roll in the leaves.  No matter how much they know.

On the good side of a soggy pile of leaves is that moldy smell that tells you that it's fall.

1 comment:

San said...

Love those photos!!