Friday, April 01, 2011

Now Hiring!

With my new job, I don't seem to have as much time to sit down and keep this blog going like I have been doing for the past seven years.

I've come up with a few options on how to continue the blog and keep the dust from collecting on Duck Notes.

Option one: I could post less frequently.  Perhaps twice a week would be a pace I could keep up with.
Option two: Write a half blog every other day forcing you to come back to read the second half a few days later.

But the option that I decided to go with is. . .

Option three:  Hire a writer.  I'm now taking applications for someone that wants to blog about my life.

The ideal candidate will posses the following skills:

  • know (some of) the English language
  • be willing to share embarrassing moments (note: peeing in the garden is not an acceptable blog story)
  • have the ability to turn half conceived ideas into half written blogs

In addition, the selected Duck Notes writer will have the following job requirements:

  • Cut my grass 1x per week.  - This is the time some of the best blog ideas originate.
  • Watch my kids 2x per week. - This is the best way to get great photos for the blog.  
  • Cook dinner 3x per week.    - Doesn't really help blogging, but still required.

Compensation:

  • quality time with my kids
  • lots of practice cooking
  • a calendar 

Please include a sample blog with your application.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Any luck with applicants?

Duck Hunter said...

Tammy!! Are you applying?