Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Friday night Football

I think I enjoy watching high school football more now than I did when I was in high school.
We have been going to every home game and most away games since last year and we have an amazing time in the bleachers cheering on our team. 
Last week the team didn't look good during the first half.  It was a little hard to get excited when the offence couldn't hardly manage a first down and the defence seemed to be sleep walking.  I'm not sure what the coach told those boys during half time but whatever he said worked.   The team came charging back onto the field and dominated the second half.  The crowd was really into the game again and cheered as the boys forced turnovers and scored.  Although we still lost the game, that was one of most exciting come backs I can remember seeing. 


Going to the games is more than just football. It's the entire atmosphere at the stadium.  It's the boiled peanuts (that I don't eat), it's the band, it's the cheerleaders, it's the community coming out to support their team.

I'm not sure how I missed this when I was in high school.  One thing is for sure, we aren't going to miss it now, so if you're looking for us on Friday night we'll be at the game.

No comments: