Sunday, November 04, 2012

Food Post

I've encountered a couple of great foods this week that I need to share with you.

The first is: PICKLES.

Now pickles are nothing new to me, but this jar of pickles is different.  This jar was home made.  A co-worker does a garden every year and each year she pickles jars of her cucumbers.  She normally trades with other people at work.  One guy keeps bees and will trade her pickles for honey.  Another person is a hunter and trades deer meat.  This jar, she gave me for free.  They were delicious.

The second food I wanted to share this morning I don't think is as interesting as the pickles, but so tasty I had to include it.  At a fall festival we picked up a few caramel apples to bring home.  This is no ordinary caramel apple.  This is a deluxe model.  Whoever made this knew what they were doing.  Do you see how thick that coating of caramel is?  Oh!  It's perfect.  On top of that they chose the most crisp and tart apples you can imagine.
The stomach ache I got from eating the entire caramel apple after dinner last night was totally worth it.  I would gladly put myself through that again.

No comments: