Sunday, September 29, 2013

Band Competition Volunteer

Yesterday we all helped out at the high school as the band hosted a band competition.  My job was to be sure people knew where to park.  The excitement in that job was low but it was okay.  I think that was probably the best job for me.  It was a great job until two hours into my job when my phone battery died.  My last attempt at entertainment was gone.  The job required a lot of waiting because most people showed up in groups as their band arrived with little activity between these groups.  

I had my youngest daughter join me for a few hours and we tried to see how many crickets should could catch and hold at one time.   Turns out that answer is SEVEN.   When she released them, two of them didn't jump for freedom.   Not sure if they suffered injuries or just had a strong bond with her.
The competition was a success and ran smoothly from everything I have heard.   Toward the end of the evening, when everyone was parked, I was able to spend an hour or two in the stadium to watch some of the bands.   While I would say all of the bands performed well, there were a few that stood out with spectacular visuals and music.

I wish I could share some photos or video of the bands but my battery was dead eight hours prior to that.   That's all I got for you today.  I'm going to go finish resting up and soothing my sunburn.

No comments: