Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Mystery of the Kitchen Toilet Paper

For two days, two entire days, a roll of toilet paper sat on the corner of the kitchen counter.  This wasn't a full roll, it was about three quarters of a roll.  During dinner on the second day of the kitchen TP I announced that I had a question for the family.

I stood and walked over to the counter and pointed to the white roll sitting there.  "I want to know who left toilet paper in the kitchen.  After that, I want to know why."  In reply, my family stared at me.  Two of the kids were giggling.  I approached the table and looked at my oldest kid.  "Did you bring toilet paper into the kitchen?", I asked.

"No.", he replied.
"Do you swear it?", I asked.
"I swear it.", he replied.

I moved over to the next chair and asked my daughter, "Did you bring toilet paper into the kitchen?"

"I did not.", she replied.
"Do you swear it?", I asked.
"I swear it.", she answered.

I looked to my youngest daughter and asked very seriously, "Did you bring toilet paper into the kitchen?"

"Nope.", she said.
"Do you swear it?", I asked.
"I swear it.", she answered.

I walked around the table over to Cari and I sat down next to her.  She smirked at me.  I asked the question.  "Did you bring toilet paper into the kitchen?"

"No.", she answered.
"Do you swear it?", I asked.
"I swear it.", she replied.

I put my head on the table and my oldest daughter asked me, "Dad, did you bring toilet paper into the kitchen?"

I answered her, "NO! Why would I do that?"
She asked, "Do you swear it?"
"I swear it.", I answered her.

How is it possible that a roll of toilet paper showed up in the kitchen two days ago yet all five of us swear to having nothing to do with it and not knowing how it appeared.

Did the dog do it?  Nah, it seems more like a cat kind of move but if the cat did left the roll there it would have been shredded to pieces all over the kitchen floor.   For now, the mystery of the kitchen toilet paper will remain unsolved.  But don't worry, I have another suspect that I would to question about this. . .

No comments: