Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Do you Sudoku?

There is a cool logic puzzle that is continuing to get more popular. The other day when I was shopping (No, not at Walmart) at Books-a-Million, it was easier to find a book of Sudoku than cross word puzzles.

Probably the best website I found to play it at is :
Daily Soduko

So what is it? Even if you know what the game is about, you should take a minute and read about it at Wikipedia. They have some interesting history on the game.

So I finally decided to try one myself. After I tried it, I introduced Cari to the puzzle. She also liked it. It's her new solitaire. Like everything else in our house, we turned it into a competition last night. I printed a copy of the same puzzle for each of us. We started at the same time.

My puzzle was roughly half done when she set her paper down. I continued until I had completed it. I was hoping she would have a number in the wrong place.

After she finished, it felt like it took me thirty minutes to get done. Later Cari joked that she could have taken a nap and still beat me. By the way, she didn't have any wrong.

We have a rematch tonight.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow - nice link on the Wiki-info. That does not look like a drinking game.