Friday, January 19, 2007

Just a movie

I was having a follow-up religion discussion with the same guy at work. Today's topic: The Davinci Code. I recently watched the movie with Cari. My friend told me that it is trying to poison people's minds. He said it is blasphamy. I told him it was a fictional story that made a good movie. There was no way I was going to convince himself of watching this movie.

Cari said his faith must be pretty weak if it can be shaken by a movie like that. There are others that live around here, mostly Southern Baptist, that also refuse to see the movie.

AAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I liked the movie and I think it is good to make people question things. I think it would strengthen their beliefs.

Michelle said...

I read the book and like it much better than the film. The monk is much more likable in the book. You even feel sorry for him.
I feel sorry for your co-worker.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I liked the book much better than the movie, as well. Have you read any thing else by Dan Brown? Angels and Demons was really good too.

One Scrappy Gal said...

When the movie came out here in SC... there were people actually boycotting it and picketing outside! I couldn't believe it...it's just ENTERTAINMENT people! Their time could have been better spent volunteering at homeless shelters and soup kitchens and doing acts of charity. The only thing you accomplish by doing things like that is making people want to see the movie MORE so they can figure out what's got their panties all up in a bunch!!

There's a bumper sticker I saw here recently that reads "the only problem with baptists is that we don't hold them under water long enough."

One Scrappy Gal said...

P.S. I liked Angels and Demons a lot better than The DaVinci Code... but I read that one first. Learned a lot about physics too. :)

Mojo Jojo said...

I've read the book first and seen the movie afterwards.

I liked the book as a book and being a fictional book. No it doesn't change my believe and never will.