Monday, August 24, 2009

ADA

Every so often I can become obsessive and particular on something very simple. Over the past year, it has been chewing gum. I chew gum every day after lunch and sometimes after dinner. It has taken me a while to choose the best gum for me, but I think I have finally found it. Last week I stood in the candy aisle reviewing my selections for about twenty minutes. This was a serious decision for me. It wasn't going to be just a pick up a pack and go about my day.

The variety of flavors is the lowest priority. What I was comparing was the ingredients. I want one with xylitol because of its properties in helping prevent tooth decay. Next I look at the serving sizes and how many servings are in each package. I have tried just about every brand but have finally settled on Trident because they use xylitol.

While reviewing my choices of gum, I noticed that many of the packages contain the seal of the ADA. What's strange is that a lot of toothpaste products do NOT contain this seal. What is this place coming to when the American Dental Association supports your chewing gum and not your tooth paste????!!!

As well, I have never given this much thought or attention to selecting a tooth paste. It may be time to start studying now for my next purchase.

No comments: