Monday, August 10, 2009

Local

I have been thinking a bit about what this blog started as and what it has become. Overall I don't think I have changed it much, but I realized that a few years ago it was very much about the hiking and sight seeing that Cari and I did.

I'm not sure why you come here to read what I have to say, but I feel like I want to do more to show you what's around me. When I read blogs, there are different reasons I choose to revisit. Sometimes it is to learn about a new place . What does someone that lives in the city have to say or show me? What does someone that lives on a farm have to say? If that's one of the reasons you visit my blog, I want to keep that going.

Having a baby in the house has made it more and more difficult to get out and do some long hikes, but what I am going to do is try to show you more about my town. I'm going to get some photos of local areas and buildings and give you my perspective and hopefully some history.

That's my goal anyway. It's good to have goals. Next up, something local.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I feel like I'm in a transitional period with my blog, too. Not sure where I'm going with that, just felt like throwing it out there.

Melba said...

For me it's about the snippets. I've always thought you were really good at taking little moments (though not inconsequential) and making them seem so lively and interesting! You make me go through my days with a slightly more opened eye. As in noticing the little things that happen that could actually make good stories.

Anyway...that's why I keep coming back, although for me...having a baby in the house has made being a good blog follower a bit more difficult! But I do still read, or at least skim - even if I don't comment. :)

Melba