Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm a Man

Yeah, I've always been male.  I could show you a penis to prove it.  After all, only a man would have one of those.  Another thing that only men can do is grow a beard.

Over the past month or so that I have stopped shaving, some odd things started to happen.  People treat a guy with a beard differently than a clean-shaven guy.  Here's just a few of the things that I have noticed:

I got a letter last week from the NRA asking if I wanted to become a member.  That's something that never happened to the beard-less me.

I also started getting issues of Field & Stream that I NEVER signed up for.  Amazing that they sensed a beard would result in a sudden interest in killing wild animals.

I've even seen some difference in the way co-workers treat me.  One girl I work with told me that "the beard demands respect".   Another co-worker suggested that I change my name, and in return I suggested that he change his attitude.

So it turns out that having a beard makes me more of a man.   And I didn't even have to show you my penis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how true how true