Friday, April 23, 2010

Flavors

"What flavor shirt do you think I should wear with these pants"?

Cari looked at me cross eyed.  "Chocolate."

"No, seriously.", I told her.

"Do you mean what COLOR shirt? Flavors are something you taste.", she argued.

"Nope.  I meant flavor.  Flavors don't have to be a taste.  It can be any sort of selection.", I explained to her.

This discussion went back and forth for several minutes.  I argued that you can use the word FLAVOR when talking about any grouping of similar items.

Cari argues that the word flavor is reserved for only edible items.

So what do you think?  Leave a comment and we'll see who's right.

5 comments:

Happy walker said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Melba said...

Apologies to Cari...but I'm with you on this one. We always say, "What color was your day?" around our house so I definitley think we would be the type to wear a flavor!

Melba

Becky, Grant, Penelope and Reagan said...

I'm on Team Cari!

Farm Girl in MD said...

Add a point for Cari...flavor is a taste thing!

Poptart said...

Unless you want her to eat your shirt, flavor is reserved for taste.