Thursday, April 01, 2010

New Gear! Part 3

As I have spent the last week showing you some of my new gear, I realized that a lot of those items will be with me during the upcoming backpacking trip.  Cari asked me if I had enough rooom in my pack for all these unncecessary items.  I agreed with her and told her I needed to look into getting a newer bigger bag to hold all this stuff.  Unbelievably , she agreed to let me shop for a bigger bag.

So today I need to show you my latest, and possibly last, new piece of gear.

A new bag to take on the backpacking trip.  This one is a bit larger for all my items.  BUT to compensate for the larger size and heavier weight this bag is equipped with rugged wheels.  The handle telescopes out at various lengths making it easier to pull behind me as I climb uphill slopes along the trail.  I can also tie a length of rope to thehandle and hang it from a tree during the nights. 

Before we hit the trail in a few weeks I will be fitting several LED lights along the zipper line to increase visibility later in the evenings.  With this third, and final, edition of new gear I now feel ready to hit the trail!

1 comment:

Tom said...

I had to look at today's date before deciding whether or not this was really a good idea.