Friday, October 01, 2010

You Call This a Day Off?

There was so much work to be done on my day off that I needed a quick break to plan it all out.  I sat down with my cup of coffee and got to work.

After an hour or so of playing Civilization 5 it was time to get to work.  The cabinet guy showed up with a helper and installed a over-the-range microwave.  It took some modification of the cabinets because our house was designed without one.

I caught up on some TV while he was here.

After he left I needed a break.  I ate lunch and watched the new episode of Modern Family on TiVo.
Just before lunch was over I remembered that we needed to work on the septic tank today.  Don't ask why I thought about the septic during lunch.  It's just the way it worked out.

We've haven't done any maintenance to the septic tank for the past six years.  Well, when your back yard starts to smell like a port-a-potty, then it is time to think about it.

The truck pulled up and the guy went to work with a shovel.  He knew right where to go.  He backed up his tanker truck and some hoses and got to work.  I got to work on another hour of Civilization 5.

Shortly after the septic was cleaned out it was time for the kids to get home from school.

I made dinner on the grill. It's the only way I know how to make dinner without picking up the phone.

After dinner we went for a walk around the block.

This has been such a busy day.  I think I'm going to need another day off!

2 comments:

San said...

sterling effort. you paced yourself :-)

KingMar said...

yes! CIV 5 is a lot of work specially if the germans come over with war threats or the barbarians ransack a city..anyhow looks like a day off well spent. good on you :)