Tuesday, March 08, 2011

No Need for a Menu

It was at the end of my work day.  I was tired.  I was hungry.  I had a two hour drive home ahead of me so I stopped at Subway for a sandwich.

I went in and ordered a sandwich off of their menu.

That's when it started.  The endless questioning.  Whole or half? What type of bread did I want?  What type of cheese did I want?  Vegetables?  Dressing or mayonnaise?

Seriously?  I'm tired.  Just make me the sandwich you have on your menu.   By the time we get through all these questions you might as well let me behind the counter to make my own damn sandwich.  In fact, why do you even need a menu up there?  If I order a Turkey and Swiss sandwich I don't need to play twenty questions with you.  Just make it the way you make it and let me go.  With all these questions there is no need for a menu.  Just start at one end of the counter and start adding stuff as you go down.  All sandwiches are one price. None of them have a name because it doesn't matter.  The menu will say, "Custom Sub" available in 6" or 12".

Next time I'm tired and not in the mood for making any more decisions, I won't be choosing Subway for dinner. It's too much like work.

No comments: