Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Perfect

Just when you thought I wouldn't blog today I sit down at the keyboard.

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I said I was going to take on yet another new job at work?  Well let me tell you that I won't be able to post anything about new jobs for a long time.  This is not a job I'm going to be giving up.

Other guys in the company that had no clue what I had even applied for are now jealous of what I'm doing.  That's why you have to ask the right questions and learn when to keep your mouth shut.

When I first heard about this job posting I asked only two questions.  1.  Who will this position report to.  2. What approximate pay level is this job?  After I got my answers I shut my mouth and applied for the job.  I didn't say a word to anyone but my wife and my boss until the job was mine.  I thought I was onto something good and I didn't want any additional competition for the job.

The job I've now done for three weeks is good.  It's really good.  Sure it's going to have its frustrating moments, but compared to what I've had for the past eight years, this is incredible.

So what have we learned?  Work hard every day, listen carefully, and know when to keep quiet.

No comments: