Thursday, November 24, 2011

Painting with a Flashlight

I've seen this done on Flickr.  In fact, I've seen it done a million times better than what I accomplished.  I set my camera up in a dark room just try it and see how it would go.  Making these photos was pretty easy and was a lot of fun to try.  Basically, you set your camera shutter to stay open for several seconds, I was using eight, and then use a flashlight pointed at the camera to draw lines in your photograph.  The first few times I just waved the flashlight like a crazy person, and that pretty much was the result I got.

I handed Cari the flashlight and this was her first try:

This was my last try at it:

I have some other ideas for the next time I give this a try.  One of my ideas is to try and write my name.  It will be backwards in the photo, but I should be able to flip it in Photoshop to make the letters right.

No comments: