Friday, November 18, 2011

Scavenger Hunter

I had a scavenger hunt last night at my house.  We were hunting for all things battery operated.  I know you've had this hunt in your house.  You just opened something new that needs some batteries or you want to use a battery operated item that has dead batteries.  At that point, it becomes an all out search.  Nothing battery operated is safe!

The batteries I needed were triple A.  Ugh.  Those are the tough ones.  I mean, double A are just laying all around the house.  Everything uses AA.  Everything except this wireless keyboard I'm dying to try out with my tablet.

I start my search in the living room.  TV and DVD remotes use AAA . . . I think.   After I found the two remotes, and popped open their battery doors, I realized that no, they don't use triple A.  Next stop was kids toys.  No AAA there either, but the kids complained that they, too, need some AAA batteries.

At this point, Cari suggested I run over to the store and get a package of batteries.  It would take fifteen minutes to do that and be home again.  But I refused her suggestion.

I checked the junk drawer for the third time thinking that the elusive batteries were hiding in the bottom of the drawer.  Nope.

I headed into the office and started digging through a box of random stuff in a closet.  There I found a small blinking light that clips to your belt while walking or biking.  I don't think I've touched this light in ten years.  I clicked the switch on and it started to blink.  Upon popping the cover off, I discovered two AAA batteries.  SCORE!

This scavenger hunt only took me forty minutes to come up with two AAA batteries.   These were Sears DieHard branded batteries manufactured in the 1990's.  Is Sears even still around?   My cordless keyboard worked beautifully with these batteries.

Now I know where to look the next time I go on a scavenger hunt for AAA batteries.

No comments: