Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Grilling Season

It's SPRING time!  That means I better get busy grilling as often as possible.   

Our grill had cooked our last meal recently.  Over the years the cheapest grill we could find had finally burned itself into worthlessness.  I admit that the problems with the grill were not helped with my lack of maintenance but I won't take full responsibility for the quality of this equipment. 

It had come to the point that if you closed the lid and walked away for a few minutes that you better come back with a bucket of water because your dinner would be fully charred and engulfed in flames.   I had learned not to walk away from grilling on this unit if I didn't want to fight fires and also because cooking on it took extreme management.  There were perhaps two hot spots the size of hamburgers that would cook great while the rest of your food remained raw.  Cooking on this grill tested skills of shuffling food around to get it all done at one time.  

So this spring we decided to start with a fresh new grill.  But first I had to assemble it. 

An hour later I was encouraged by the amount of parts still sitting on the deck.  The fewer parts that sat up there, the closer I was to grilling.  

This grill has two bodies to it.  You can use this as a charcoal grill or as a gas grill.  We decided to try out the charcoal side for our first meal.  

Like having anything new, I am starting with the best of intentions of maintaining this grill on a regular basis and keeping it in service as long as possible.  Fingers crossed that I keep this energy!

In case you were wondering. . . that first meal turned out fantastic!

This is going to be a great summer!






No comments: