Tuesday, May 07, 2013

I'm Leaving the Internet

No, I'm really not leaving the internet.

Someone else already did that and documented his feelings on it.


He pretty much said it wasn't worth leaving the internet.  Initially you think that the reason you don't accomplish all the "meaningful" things in life is because the internet distracts you.  It takes you away from what is important.  That's true.  Sometimes I wonder if I didn't have the internet or social media if I would achieve more.

Paul said that he did accomplish a lot initially.  He took advantage of this time.  But as the months wore on he fell into routines and found other escapes and distractions from the things that were "meaningful".

So we can all stop blaming the internet now and blame ourselves.  Which is where the problem probably is anyway.  

No comments: