Sunday, June 16, 2013

Losing the Trophy

Two games.  One night.

We had played one game for the trophy (a game of Pit), and I quickly won.  So quickly in fact, that I suggested we play another game.  Then one of the kids asked if I would put the trophy up during the 2nd game.  When I suggested the second game it hadn't thought about putting the trophy back up for grabs so I refused.  Then another kid asked for the trophy to be on the line for this second game.  Finally, Cari spoke up and said it would be nice to play for the trophy.  So I gave in to the pressure and agreed.  Our second game was a game of Dixit (quickly becoming one of the favorite games of the house).

As the game of Dixit neared the end I felt my reign with the trophy coming to an end so I picked up my phone and started recording.  Here's how the final moments of my possession ended...
Every time we play a game for the trophy, it gets logged on a small paper rolled up and tucked into the trophy to create a history of winners.   When I lost the game of Dixit to a tie between Cari and the boy, both of which had not previously been listed on the winners history, I had some satisfaction knowing that my name is on the record seven times in a row.

Let's see if anyone can do that!

No comments: