Friday, January 03, 2014

The Ultimate Trophy!

A little more than a year ago we added an element to our family game night that has turned out to be a successful addition.   The trophy!

This was a little statue that Nintendo sent me a while back and was sitting in a closet.  Now it is the trophy that everyone covets as we sit down for some board games.  Tucked into the trophy is a small paper that lists the date, game played, and the winner of the trophy.

It has been good to look back at the paper over time and see what games we have played and who wins the most (not me).  At the end of each game the winner gets their picture taken with the trophy and they can run off to stash it in their room until the next game is announced. 

I typed the list into a spreadsheet this past week and I noticed a few games showed up more often than others and some games have never shown up.   A new rule has been put in place that requires two new games to be played before repeating a game.   We have no shortage of games around here so this rule should get more of them to the table this year.  

Hopefully I'll be getting my picture taken at the next family game night.

No comments: