Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Key in the Wall

Sticking out of the plain block wall the familiar shape of a key caught my eye.  

Who put a key in the wall?  What does it do? Why would they leave the key in it?  I walked over to investigate this key and I was tempted to turn it.  There were no other markings along the wall and no labels to indicate what would happen when I turned it.  

I've played many adventure games over the years and this key stirred my imagination.  As the key clicked a small portion of the wall slid back and opened to reveal a hallway lit with a single bulb.  The walls glittered gold in the tunnel.  

This seemed like the kind of key that someone would wear around their neck.  It's too high up, and too special of a spot, for the key to be bulked onto one of those key rings that you see in the movies.  

After I took my photo I moved across the room and watched.  I wanted to see if someone would come over and collect the key.  Would the owner look like a janitor or wearing a tie?  That person never came and nobody else seemed to notice this mysterious wall feature.  

The next time I visit this location I may bring a flash light and be prepared to enter the golden tunnel that will be revealed when I turn the key. 


1 comment:

Tom Taylor said...

You just know that it opens a portal to...somewhere.