Monday, March 03, 2014

Good Intentions

This man hit the street today to help spread the word of God.   I don't have any issue with that but I'm not sure how effective he was.  

This highway has a speed limit of 45.  Even though I was stopped at the red light waiting to turn left, I could hardly read his sign.  Surely the cars speeding by wouldn't make out even the first word.  He wrote the entire verse on his poster and had to write small to get it all on there.  

I think all his card had to say was "Isaiah 59:1"  and then if someone became interested they could look it up at home.  

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Ive often wondered about the effectiveness of this kind of ministry. I used to be very negative towards it until I met Pastor Jon Speed who was a part of th emaking of the Babies are murdered here documentary (http://www.BabiesAreMurderedHere.com)

I"m still not entirely sure how effective it is, but I"ve seen these guys do it effectively at the abortion clinics so I've softened my view of it.

Now I see it as a "finger" or a "toe" of the body of Christ. It has a purpose, and if properly connected to a local church I think it can be done very effectively. If it can be arranged, I may be going to our local abortion mill sometime soon to start doing something simiar.

Have you ever done anything else like this? Would you? Just curious.

Duck Hunter said...

No. I have never done anything like this. I'm not opposed to doing it but I'm not very outgoing and I don't think this would be the best type of ministry for me.