Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hot Meals

I'm preparing for my first backpacking trip of the year and had a conversation about camping food the other night.

My friend and I are backpacking with our sons and were trying to decide if we would be cooking or eating cold food during this trip.  I usually do not cook while backpacking because it saves me on the amount I need to carry.   The other issue I have is that there won't be any women on our trip so I'm not sure who will do the cooking.

Initially my friend was going to bring a camp stove and some cooking utensils but I think I have shown him the light so he'll be leaving most of that behind in favor of a peanut butter sandwich.

After getting off the phone I went to my son to see what he has planned for food.  He said he is planning on cooking so I asked him if he would carry my Ramen Noodles.  He said he would be happy to bring an extra package and even offered to cook it for me.

It's going to be a great trip!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Coincidentally I watched your YouTube videos from the Foothills Trail last night. Want to borrow my old tuna can? :P

rakethetable said...

Aaron,it didn't t work then. What makes Ed think it would work this time. Have you made design changes?