Saturday, March 29, 2014

You can Scramble an Egg

My son told me a pun a few days ago and it goes something like this:

A hard boiled egg for breakfast is hard to beat.  
It's a Pun.  It's punny.
Well, I spent the two days after hearing it attempting to repeat it.  For some reason I had scrambled eggs in my head and it never seemed to come out quite right.

"It's hard to scramble an egg for breakfast."
"A scrambled egg is hard to beat for breakfast yesterday."
"You can boil an egg or you can scramble it.  I like scrambled."

My kids tried to get me to stop saying scrambled so I tried again.

"Boiled eggs for breakfast are the best but don't beat them."
"Beat eggs for breakfast.  You can't do it after you boil them."
"Hard boiled eggs aren't for breakfast unless you beat them."

After that my kids gave up.
Apparently I don't understand what a pun is.

No comments: