Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Factorio

Do you obsess about logistics?  Do you like finding raw materials and processing them into a multitude of intermediate and finished products?  Do you enjoy killing aliens?

Then I know the game for you!
Factorio

On one of my daily strolls through the internet I accidentally found the above trailer for the game Factorio.   I was instantly hooked.  I found the demo, played it, went back to their website, purchased the game, and have loved playing it.

It's still pretty early in development but this game has me hooked.   You are this one guy running around on an alien planet developing a spot that is safe for development.  There is a lot going on here and the trailer is a fully developed scenario.  You start out with NOTHING and slowly build to this monster of a factory full of robots and conveyor belts to build more and more complex items from the raw materials.

I would love to tell you more, but I have to go mine some more coal to keep my boilers going to run the steam engines powering my entire base.

No comments: