Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Snow "man"

We got our "once a year" snow on Sunday night. It rained all day Sunday and the meteorologist continued to push the call for snow later and later into the day. For a while I started to wonder if we would get skipped over, but around 4pm, the rain got a little thicker. It was beginning to turn to ice.
By early evening, it was snowing. . . hard. I ran out and took some photos in the snow.


We get snow so rarely that it makes people act a little crazy sometimes. I'm guessing that is why Cari ran outside and looked to the sky with her mouth open, trying to get a taste.

I got up and scraped the windshield clean at 5:30am on Monday morning. Driving to work was slow but exciting. There wasn't much traffic and the road had been cleared so it didn't feel too dangerous. The landscape looked awesome. The old farm houses covered in snow were calling my name to take some pictures, but I had to get to work. I did have my camera with me and I couldn't wait until lunch because I was hoping to get some good snow shots at the park.

After I hiked through the woods a bit I walked toward the other end of the park across some fields. Up on a hill I saw a sculpture and I ended up finding another piece of craziness in the snow.
Someone had built a snow "man" -


5 comments:

Aaron said...

The snow penis strikes again!

Poptart said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Anonymous said...

WOW! Only in South Carolina...haha

Melba said...

um...wow, that's all I can say!

Anonymous said...

Oh...my...