Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bible Conclusion

Back in January I told you about my Bible.  On January 21st I told you how I had contacted the owners son and was just waiting for a reply.   That reply never came and I didn't send any more messages to him.  Several of you had described me as a stalker, so I figured I should back off. 

On Wednesday night, I received an email from the wife of the Bible owner.  I had tracked her down with my stalker skills back in January but had never heard from her.  Here is her email to me (with names removed as noted):
--------------------
Re: looking for (name removed)
 
Ed - I'm sorry I didn't see your message sooner....we actually have 2 (name removed)'s if that isn't wierd enough but one is our son...do you still have the Bible? I know that both guys would want you to past it on...kindda like paying it forward if you know someone else that needs to hear the good news!Maybe you can add your name and ask the next person to do the same and it could go on and on......hope all is well with you
God Bless
(name removed)
(city removed), FL
--------------------

I would have liked to have heard more about the original owner of the Bible, but that doesn't seem like it will happen.  I'm not going to "stalk" this family anymore.  They know I have the book and have given me direction on what to do with it.  I believe at some point in the future I will recognize an opportunity to get this book into the right hands.  Until that day, I will continue to carry it with me.

No comments: