Friday, November 12, 2010

This is a Lake

This photo and blog post is supposed to be all about hot air balloons.  Look closely at the photo again.  Do you see the balloons?  No?  Me either.  I woke up before sunrise on my day off for this.  Keep in mind this is AFTER we backed our clocks up an hour.

A neighboring town had their balloon festival and I checked out a schedule of their events.  They listed a sunrise launch from the launch field just as they had last year.   Last year I was able to get some amazing shots as I walked among the balloons being filled.  They silently lifted off the ground and above my head.

This year there was two guys next to a heater on the field.  They were drinking coffee and didn't look like they wanted their photo taken.

As I left and headed back for home I saw a few balloons in my mirror.  Several balloons took off from somewhere else with the game of floating back to the launch field.  Ugh.  I was already headed home and I'd have to wait for them to reach the field for a good shot.  I decided to ignore them.

What I couldn't ignore was this beautiful lake as the sun was coming up.  The fog on the water was just starting to lift as I passed by.  I jumped out of my car (after stopping it), and got a few shots.  I checked to make sure there was no balloons hovering in the back.  All clear.

1 comment:

San said...

Awesome shot