Saturday, April 09, 2011

Fun Filled Saturday

Saturday started early with the alarm going off before seven.  The day had begun.  Ready, set, GO!

We were off to a pancake breakfast put on by the Lions club.  The breakfast featured pancakes bigger than your face!

Immediatly following breakfast we went all the way across town (3 blocks) to the rec center for a volleyball tournament.  I know I poked fun at the intense game of volleyball a few weeks ago, but I had a great time watching our girls stomp their way to second place today.

Instead of going home after the tournament we made our way across town (3 blocks) to the airport for the fly-in event that also featured a car show. There was a good size crowd at the airport and a lot of activity on the runway. A constant stream of small planes took off and landed on the runway taking people for short rides. In addition, two helicopters offered rides to a long line of paying customers. I checked my wallet, counted my five family members, and decided not to pay out $25 each for a five minute plane ride.  Instead we had fun standing on the side of the runway watching the planes come and go.



We stuck around long enough that the kids became bored. By now it was 2 pm and we were ready for a break. After a short break, Brenna and I headed outside to jump on the trampoline.  This kid won't stop today!  A brief thunderstorm came through the area late in the day while we were still outside.  Why run and hide when you could be playing soccer in the rain?

With everyone fully wore out I'm ready for a night on the couch with Cari and I watching Nascar.

Let's hope tomorrow isn't this packed, I'm not sure how long I can keep up this pace.




No comments: