Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Boy Watches Too Much TV

One of the horrors of traveling across the country in a car with three children is the constant begging for McDonald's.  Breakfast - McDonald's.  Lunch - McDonald's. Snack - McDonald's. Dinner - McDonald's.

Part of the problem is that McDonald's is at EVERY exit along the interstate.

As I started to refuse McDonald's at our various breaks, my son, who watches too much TV, started suggesting other places to eat.  "I want good mood food", he'd say.  Having not watched enough commercials, I didn't know what he was talking about. I thought all food worthy of eating was good mood food, but he was after something specific.

He was wanting me to go to Arby's.  He did have a few other suggestions, only mentioned by their slogan, but in the end I couldn't pass up something that claimed to help my mood.  After three consecutive meals from McDonald's I think any new option would have helped my mood.

What I found odd was that when it comes to fast food slogans, he knew them all.  Which I found really odd because we have a DVR and he ALWAYS seems to skip the commercials.  Try and figure that one out.

No comments: