Saturday, November 26, 2011

Crumby

I got into bed last night and immediately had the sense that someone had crushed up some croutons and poured them under the blankets.  I jumped back out of bed and stared into the darkness for a moment.

I brushed my hand across the bed sheet and felt not just a few crumbs, but a sandbox full of bread under the blanket.  What the. . .?

As I started to remove the remains of someone's snack I found one large chunk.  Again I ask, "What the . . ."?

After a bit of clean up I was able to get back into bed with the smallest crumbs remaining.  It's like having a pebble in your shoe, and leaving it there.

This morning I asked Cari what she had been eating in the bed yesterday.  "Nothing." she said.  I told her my story about last night and she acted like she didn't notice any crumbs.  "Really?", I said.  "There was enough bread in that bed to bread ten chicken breast"!

After some further investigation it turns out that one of the kittens had been given a crust of bread.  The cat decided to eat that snack in my bed.  This prompted a new rule in the house:

Rule 294: Do not give cats crusty bread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some vacuuming to do.

1 comment:

jen(melty) said...

your crumb looks kinda like a slice of pie. mmm delicious pie.