Friday, October 05, 2012

Bowl Licking


Immediately after eating the last bite of ice cream she set her spoon down and put the bowl to her face.  Who teaches kids to do this?  I can assure you that my kids never saw me do it.  Is this just natural instinct?

Maybe the ice cream is so delicious that they aren't willing to give up even one drop.  If so, then why don't I see this happen with other foods they like?  I can't recall my kids leaning over their plates at dinner and licking up the last of the mashed potatoes.  After eating a salad do they lick the rest of the ranch dressing out of the bowl?  Forget that last sentence.  It's not realistic because my kids don't eat salad.

What is an age that it is still appropriate to lick your ice cream bowl?  It's cute when a 5 year old does it.  What about a 45 year old?


1 comment:

Mark said...

Premium quality ice cream is just that good. And yes, it is just sad when I do it.