Friday, January 17, 2014

Bridge Closures!

There has been a lot of recent headlines surrounding a bridge closure and the resulting traffic problems that it created.  Over the past weekend I encountered a bridge closure as well. One that resulted in it's own set of traffic issues.
This bridge leads to the only grocery store in town.  I went over and walked the bridge and saw no visible damage or reason why it should be closed.  Nothing but a bunch of orange cones blocking my way courtesy of the City of Liberty.  

Have they been influenced by the likes of Chris Christie?  I can't say for sure.   But at the next city council meeting I'm going to have my say.  I may even include some strong language to be sure they know I'm serious.  You can't go around just closing bridges when you every you feel like it. 

Part of the speech I have planned goes something like this. . .

"Damn! Bridge. Cones. Grocery. Sixteen. Hell. Food. Oklahoma!"

I think every town needs a crazy man that speaks to city council in just random words and I'm willing to be that guy.  Especially if it results in un-blocking the bridge to the grocery store!

No comments: