Thursday, April 24, 2014

Caution: SKUNK

About a month ago I was greeted with a very solid warning as I left the house for work.  My hands were full and I used my back to push open the storm door.

As the door slammed shut behind me I stopped dead in my tracks.  The very strong and recent odor of skunk was in the air.  In the darkness I eyed the space between me and my car.  I hit the button to unlock the doors and the lights came on.

The coast appeared to be clear and I made my way to the car.   I hesitated before opening the door and checked my surroundings one more time.

I dumped my stuff in the backseat, hopped in, and slammed the door shut as quickly as I could.  It wasn't likely that the skunk was hiding under my car, but you can't take that chance.  Next I locked the door in case the stink tried to get in.

It is days like this that I wonder if the expense of a garage would be worth it.

No comments: