Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bill Layman

I looked back to choose some photos of Bill for today's post and I came across these.  He had invited us over to his place so he could show my kids around the farm and introduce them to some of the animals.
Bill and his wife, Jewell, were one of the first families at church to come over and introduce themselves to Cari and I.  Since that first day of meeting, we were adopted into his family.  Not only did he tell us we were his family, he would continue to show us that truth every day for the next ten years.   
One of the things I'm going to miss about Bill is that smirk he would often greet me with as he shook my hand and asked, "Is Cari treating you okay?"  He knew she was but he would still ask me the question, especially if she was in earshot.  
Bill Layman was 75 when he passed away this week.  

No comments: