Monday, August 11, 2014

Mysterious Destruction

I looked out the back window yesterday and saw that my grill cover had been ripped to shreds and someone pulled the bag of charcoal stored under the grill into the grass (to be soaked by rain).

After church, Cari and I went to investigate a little closer.  There were certainly teeth or claw marks on some areas which ruled out some weird homless guy checking out our charcoal supply in the night.

As we continued to investigate I thought back to a time when our outside cat had hidden under the grill for cover from rain.  But why would the cat, how would the cat pull the charcoal out?  Then Cari reminded me that the cat is de-clawed and couldn't make the marks we were seeing.

Perhaps a raccoon?

As we were discussing it the dog went running across the yard chasing after the outside cat and it all came together.   The cat was hiding under the grill and the dog wanted to play.

I called the dog over and she came with her tail between her legs and cowering.  She knew and she gave it away.  All the time I spent watching episodes of CSI have really paid off!

Now I have to take a photo of the dog with a sign around her neck for Instagram.  

No comments: