Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Christmas (work) party

So we went to the boss's party on past Sunday night.

What to wear? Didn't wear anything that special. But I did put on a Santa hat before we left the house. "Does this make me look like a retard?"
Cari cocked her head over, smirked, and said, "no, it makes you look. . .festive."
Festive is good. We had to bring a $10 gift for gift exchange, so we ran into Publix.
I wore my hat in. While inside, a little kid was looking at me kinda strange. I could tell he was looking mostly at the hat. It was then that I realized that wearing a Santa hat in public comes with a certain responsibility. You can't just run around shoving people like normal. You have to behave a certain way. I tried to explain this to Cari, and that is when the hat became retarded. We decided on getting a hand full of scratch lotto tickets. As the cashier was pulling a variety of the tickets for us, I asked her if she was giving us all the winning tickets. I don't think she understood the question, or maybe the hat threw her for a loop. She went on to explain she was giving us the tickets that people buy the most of. On the walk back to the car, I complained the cashier didn't answer my question. Cari quickly pointed out that I was flirting with her. Why would I flirt with her, standing directly next to my wife? I don't think I was really flirting, just wanted winning tickets.


When we arrived, I looked around the room and saw that I was the only "festive" one.
The party was not very exciting. It was nice to visit with some of the people. It was nice to point at the others and show Cari who I talk bad about every day.
The food was good. The boss was cooking steaks on his grill out in the cold. I thought that was kinda funny. Everytime he came back in, he would tell us how cold it was outside. Cari and I sat next to the fireplace that was burning, so it was pretty warm.
A few people were drinking, but nobody got out of hand. That is kinda too bad, because I was hoping to share a good story about someone embarressing themselves.

During the gift exchange, it turned out there were two little packages of scratch lotto tickets. I fought hard for the one that we brought to the party. It was taken from me a few times, but I ended up with it. We franticaly scrached them when we were sure they were ours. We won $73 on those tickets!!!! The other package of tickets won a total of $1. HAHAHAHHAH I guess it pays to flirt with the cashier selling you the tickets.

No comments: