Monday, December 27, 2004

Watchin' the T

I get to come home for lunch almost every day. Every day I ask Meredith how she is doing. Then I ask her what has she been doing all day. "Watchin' da T all day!", she says with a big smile. Now, I know that this is not true. She doesn't watch TV all day, everyday. Cari could spend an hour doing puzzles with her, coloring with her, playing Barbie for a bit, and then let her watch Dora. When I get home it is, "I was watchin' T all day!". She is proud of that. It's her game now. I'll call her on it sometimes. "Didn't mom play puzzles with you today?"
"No. I was watchin' T." Now, I know this isn't true, but she won't budge from her answer.

There is one chair in the dining area that has an excellent view of the T. That is a very special chair to Meredith. When I'm home for lunch, I invite her to eat lunch with me. She normaly does, but she likes to sit in the T chair. I asked her one day, why she chose that chair, even though I knew the answer. "I can see the T in this one, silly!" Oh, of course. I have eliminated that location by requiring the T to be off during meal times now.

On occasion, I give in, and I'll join Meredith in watching some T. Dora is on. "Dora is my favorite.", I tell Meredith.
"NO IT'S NOT! DORA IS FOR GIRLS, BOYS DO NOT LIKE DORA!!"
"Can't I watch this with you?"
"NO, BOYS DO NOT LIKE DORA, GO AWAY! I'M WATCHIN DA T BY. MY. SELF!"
Meredith is in bed now, I think I'll go watch some T.

No comments: