Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big and Bad

When we got home from our walk yesterday morning we found this in the driveway:
He was coiled up and ready to spring at any moment but that didn't stop me from poking at him for just a bit longer.  The more I poked, the more he coiled his body up getting ready to strike at my hand. 

But I had no fear and I continued to challenge the snake. 

It turns out he was just a baby and instead of striking, he just slithered off into the grass. . .
. . .where I later chewed him up in my lawnmower (potentially).

3 comments:

rakethetable said...

No poking snakes!
It's bad Karma for hikers.

Anonymous said...

He looked so big in the first photo!!

Duck Hunter said...

Scrappy- he looked bigger with my nose that close to his as well.

Rake- I was just trying to help him!