Monday, March 15, 2010

Matched Up

The lady at the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru asked if we were having our picture taken.  At first I wasn't sure why she would ask such a thing.  I looked over at Cari sitting next to me in the car and then quickly looked back at the drive-thru lady.  "Nope.", I told her.

She looked a bit disappointed when I answered her and she said, "Well you guys look cute all dressed in pink together."  We got our food and continued on our way.

I was smiling ear to ear at this point and Cari asked if the lady had made my day.  "Yep!", I told her.

You see, before we left the house, I noticed the girls were wearing matching outfits.  They were each wearing pink tops with jeans.  As I went to get dressed for our shopping trip I thought I ought to match them.  Why should the two of them make me the odd one out?

After getting dressed, I was accused by Cari for purposely matching her.  Truth be known, I will match her almost any chance I get. She would have been surprised, and disappointed, if I didn't match them after knowing what both of them would be wearing.

If I'm the last one getting dressed for church on any Sunday morning, you can bet your paycheck that I'll be matching at least one family member when I come out of my room.

We had been shopping all morning in our matching clothes without a single comment until we made it to Chick-Fil-A, and yeah, I was thrilled when she asked if we were going to have our photo taken.

No comments: